|Home||News||Contact Us||Pictures||Calendar||Links||Missions||Bible Search|
The Way That is Safe and Cannot Be Wrong
THE WAY THAT IS SAFE AND CANNOT BE WRONG
When in Panama, I watched huge ships navigate through the Panama Canal. It was not necessary for the men on those ships to know where all the hidden dangers were beneath the surface of the water; but it was essential to possess knowledge of the safe way to travel. This principle is very applicable in the study of the New Testament of Jesus Christ.
Jesus taught men to enter the “strait gate” and walk in the “narrow” way (Matthew 7:13, 14). “There is a way which seems right to a man, But its end is the way of death” declared the wise man in Proverbs 14:12 (NKJV). We should therefore seek out the way that is infallibly safe and cannot be wrong in religious matters. We suggest the following aspects of this way that is revealed in the Word of God.
1. Accepting the Holy Scriptures as being the inspired Word of God cannot be wrong (II Timothy 3:16, 17).
2. It cannot be wrong to believe in God and in His Son Jesus Christ (Hebrews 11:6; John 8:24).
3. It cannot be wrong for sinners to repent of their sins (Acts 17:30, 31; II Peter 3:9).
4. It cannot be wrong to be baptized for the remission of sins, having confessed one’s faith in Jesus Christ (Romans 10:10; Acts 2:38).
5. It cannot be wrong to be immersed in water instead of being sprinkled (Romans 6:3, 4).“Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death? Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life..”
6. It cannot be wrong to have an obedient faith instead of a faith only religion (Matthew 7:21; Luke 6:46).
7. It cannot be wrong to wear the name of Christ (Christian) rather than names that honor men and/or movements (Acts 11:26; 26:28; I Peter 4:16; Romans 16:16).
8. It cannot be wrong to sing praises to God in worship without the addition of instruments of music (Ephesians 5:19; Colossians 3:16).
9. It cannot be wrong to partake of the Lord’s Supper upon the first day of every week (Acts 20:7).
10. It cannot be wrong to be faithful in attendance to the periods of worship (Hebrews 10:25; James 4:17).
11. It cannot be wrong to be pure in heart and live a faithful Christian life (Matthew 5:8; Revelation 2:10).
We need to possess the wisdom of following the safe way wherein is assurance and security. Why take a risk when the safe way can be learned and followed by all who choose to do so. Jesus said, “I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man comes to the Father but by me” (John 14:6). The infallible Word of God provides us the infallibly safe way through Jesus Christ and that cannot be wrong (John 12:48).
Adapted: Bro Raymond Elliot
|Click here to host your
own church web site today!