|Home||News||Contact Us||Pictures||Calendar||Links||Missions||Bible Search|
The Bail Out
The Bail Out
· Congress just recently voted to “bail out” the economy of this nation with an estimated 700 billion dollars. They feel that this supposed “way of escape,” will help to resolve the financial crisis the US is facing.
· For the next 6 to 7 weeks a lot of finger pointing and blaming will occur within the houses of Congress, blaming whoever and whatever has caused this financial crisis.
· Tonight, I would like to share with you the only way to resolve this problem, as it should be resolved. No, I am not running for office, because you could not give it me on a silver platter. No, I am not asking you to vote for me nor I for you. You can vote any way you like, you can be a Republican or a Democrat, and vote party or person, but be reminded that all the voting in the world cannot vote you a place in heaven.
· First of all, who is a fault? My answer you may not like, but I strongly feel the American people are at fault because we have become so materially minded that we have brought this upon ourselves.
· Secondly, how do we get out this mess? I feel that this country is leaving God out of our lives, our dreams, our hopes, our way of living, and our government. America needs to return to the B I B L E, to book, chapter, and verse, and “thus saith the Lord.” Do you remember the children’s song, “The B I B L E, that’s the book for me; I stand upon the word of God, the B I B L E.” This band-aid approach that Congress has taken is merely that, a “band aid” approach. A band-aid merely covers the sore, but does not get to the cause of it. This problem is being attempted to be remedied by man, and notice that God is being left out. As long as God is left out, there will be no permanent cure or fix for this situation. Hosea 4:6 “My people are destroyed for a lack of knowledge.” 2 Chronicles 7:14 also says, “ If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.” America must return to God!
Let us not be guilty of a band-aid approach with God. Do what God says, and go by the Bible. (John 12:48)
|Click here to host your
own church web site today!