|Home||News||Contact Us||Pictures||Calendar||Links||Missions||Bible Search|
What is a MOTHER?
What is a MOTHER?
Proverbs 31:10-30 (selected verses)
“Who can find a virtuous woman? for her price is far above rubies. The heart of her husband doth safely trust in her. She will do him good and not evil all the days of her life. She worketh willingly with her hands. She riseth also while it is yet night, and giveth meat to her household. She girdeth her loins with strength. She stretcheth out her hand to the poor; yea, she reacheth forth her hands to the needy. Her husband is known in the gates, when he sitteth among the elders of the land. Strength and honour are her clothing; and she shall rejoice in time to come. She openeth her mouth with wisdom; and in her tongue is the law of kindness. She looketh well to the ways of her household, and eateth not the bread of idleness. Her children arise up, and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praiseth her. Favour is deceitful, and beauty is vain: but a woman that feareth the LORD, she shall be praised.”
A MOTHER is:
· · one who will nourish, love and care for her child.
· · a night watchman as she keeps a ear out for her child’s cry at night and will immediately spring out of bed to comfort her child.
· · a doctor and nurse all rolled into one. No matter what kind of boo boo a child has, it is only a mothers kiss can make it feel better.
· · one who can change a stinky diaper with a smile on her face.
· · a time keeper as she keeps up all the events in her child’s life and she makes sure they make it to them on time.
· · She doubles as taxi driver or chauffer whatever it takes to get their child where they need to go.
· · She is a chef and makes meals that are best for her children
· · a councilor and works with her childrens’ emotions during difficult times.
· · a referee when it comes to disputes between her children.
· · a great comforter when her child wakes up from a bad dream or bad weather.
· · great encourager; one who gives her child what they need to succeed.
Although overworked and underpaid, a Mother doesn't complain. She would work her fingers to the bone for her children. She'd come to their rescue, no matter what the cause. These are, after all, her God-given 'talents' to take and use for the glory of God. HE expects Mother to raise and nurture her 'children' to become the best they can be in this world, and equip them for what is needed to get to the other side!
The Bible tells us in many places that a mother is to be honored. In fact it was the 5th commandment in the 10 commandments found in:
Exodus 20:12 " Honor your father and your mother, that your days may be long upon the land which the LORD your God is giving you.” We also find in the New Testament as well:
Ephesians 6:1-2 “Children, obey your parents in the Lord, for this is right. Honor your father and mother, which is the first commandment with promise: that it may be well with you and you may live long on the earth."
So as you can see our mothers are to be respected and honored and not just on mothers day but on every day.
|Click here to host your
own church web site today!