|Home||News||Contact Us||Pictures||Calendar||Links||Missions||Bible Search|
We Reap What We Sow
"We Reap What We Sow"
Galatians 6:7-9 – “Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap. For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting. And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not.”
I. SIN IS STILL SIN REGARDLESS OF MAN'S CHANGE OF DEFINITION.
A. Look at how sinful men have change definitions.
1. Killing unborn babies is now called "pro-choice."
2. Murder of the old, infirm, and retarded, is called euthanasia (good death).
3. Adultery is now called "a relationship."
4. Homosexuality is called an "alternate lifestyle."
5. These “new definitions” are destroying our society's morality.
B. The Bible condemns those who attempt to destroy morality.
1. Isaiah 5:20 - "Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil; Who put darkness for light, and light for darkness; Who put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!"
2. Sin is still “the transgression of God's law.” - 1 John 3:4 (KJV)
3. God's Judgment is still against those who would pervert His moral laws.
Galatians 5:19-21 – “Now the works of the flesh are evident, which are: adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lewdness, idolatry, sorcery, hatred, contentions, jealousies, outbursts of wrath, selfish ambitions, dissensions, heresies, envy, murders, drunkenness, revelries, and the like; of which I tell you beforehand, just as I also told you in time past, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.”
Romans 1:28-32 – “And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a debased mind, to do those things which are not fitting; being filled with all unrighteousness, sexual immorality, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, strife, deceit, evil-mindedness; they are whisperers, backbiters, haters of God, violent, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents, undiscerning, untrustworthy, unloving, unforgiving, unmerciful; who, knowing the righteous judgment of God, that those who practice such things are deserving of death, not only do the same but also approve of those who practice them.”
Proverbs 14:34 - Righteousness exalts a nation, But sin is a reproach to any people.
II. SIN CANNOT BE FOREVER HIDDEN.
A. Sin cannot be covered up.
1. Proverbs 28:13 - He who covers his sins will not prosper, But whoever confesses and forsakes them will have mercy.
2. David and Bathsheba teach us this principle.
a. 2 Samuel 11: 1-27
b. David tried everything to cover up his sin. He had Bathsheba's husband Uriah come home from battle to make it appear that he was the father of Bathsheba's child. When that failed, he had Uriah killed in battle.
c. It is likely that David's governmental ministers knew that David had sinned, but would never speak up. But
David's reaction, "I have sinned against the Lord" (verse 13). 2 Samuel 12:7-14
B. There will come a time when all sin will be brought to light.
1. 1 Corinthians 4:5 – “Therefore judge nothing before the time, until the Lord comes, who will both bring to light the hidden things of darkness and reveal the counsels of the hearts. Then each one's praise will come from God.”
2. Romans 2:16 – “…in the day when God will judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ, according to my gospel.”
3. Hebrews 4:12-13 – “For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, and of joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart. 13 - And there is no creature hidden from His sight, but all things are naked and open to the eyes of Him to whom we must give account.”
III. THERE IS ALWAYS A PAYMENT FOR UNREPENTED SIN.
A. The principle of sowing and reaping.
1. Galatians 6:7-9
2. Hosea 8:7 - "They sow the wind, And reap the whirlwind.”
IV. WHY SHOULD WE BE CONCERNED ABOUT THE MORALS OF OUR NATION
A. Because God calls on us to rebuke sin and bring it to light.
1. Ephesians 5:11 - “And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them.”
2. 2 Timothy 4:1-4 –“I charge thee therefore before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge the quick and the dead at his appearing and his kingdom; Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine. For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.”
CONCLUSION: Be careful what you sow, for God says for that we shall also reap. Galatians 6:7-9 – “Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap. For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting. And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not.”
|Click here to host your
own church web site today!