|Home||News||Contact Us||Pictures||Calendar||Links||Missions||Bible Search|
i. This is opposite of what Paul talks about in Ephesians 4:31 - Let all bitterness and wrath and anger and clamor and slander be put away from you, along with all malice.
1. Kindness has no room for anger and being hurtful to others.
ii. Being kind includes being tenderhearted.
1. Merriam Webster defines tenderhearted as - easily moved to love, pity, or sorrow.
2. The ability to associate with others. We are no better than any one else.
iii. Being kind includes forgiving as Christ forgave us,
1. Is being forgiving difficult?
2. Is it costly?
Take for example Peter, James, and John.
Jesus takes them into the
1. In the sense that they were not drunk yes, but they were distracted/not focused, and they slept while Jesus went through one of the roughest times of His life.
i. Satan attacks when we are distracted.
1. Ex. Dave Ramsey Ė Murphy moves into your bedroom and sets up shop a lot less when you have an emergency fund Ė Reality you are prepared for lifeís curveballs, and they donít wipe you out financially.
2. Satan can wipe us out spiritually if we arenít watchful and prepared.
3. It is not a matter of IF Satan attacks, but WHEN.
4. Get ready, 1 Peter 1:13 - Wherefore gird up the loins of your mind, be sober, and hope to the end for the grace that is to be brought unto you at the revelation of Jesus Christ.
i. Whatever situation I find myself in, I am content.
ii. Paul was writing from a prison cell that he was content.
1. Prison was a dungeon. No free education, warm meals, etc.
i. The more we get the more we want.
ii. Nothing is ever enough.
i. Give us this day our daily bread.
1. We have lost touch with that.
a. Our prayer is more like, give us this day our Mercedes-Benz.
i. Keep your life free from love of money, and be content with what you have, for he has said, "I will never leave you nor forsake you."
1. What a promise.
a. God is on my side.
b. He is there every step of the way.
c. I donít have to worry! Does that mean I donít have to work things will just fall in my lap? No.
i. Matthew 25: Example of the five foolish virgins.
1. Matthew 25:10 - And while they were going to buy, the bridegroom came, and those who were ready went in with him to the marriage feast, and the door was shut. (No more chances. Even though they later came and knocked, He would not let them in.
i. 1 Peter 3:15 - But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asks you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:
i. Titus 3:1 - Remind them to be submissive to rulers and authorities, to be obedient, to be ready for every good work
i. The importance of being faithful.
1. Heaven depends upon it.
|Click here to host your
own church web site today!