|Home||News||Contact Us||Pictures||Calendar||Links||Missions||Bible Search|
Protect Your Confidence
Protect Your Confidence
2 Thessalonians 3
We have assurance in…
I. God’s Word (v. 1).
A. It may run swiftly (1 Cor. 16:9) "for a great door and effectual is opened unto me, and there are many adversaries.”
B. It many be glorified.
II. God’s Power (vv. 2-5).
A. To deliver (v. 2; 1 Cor. 10:13) "There hath no temptation taken you but such as man can bear: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation make also the way of escape, that ye may be able to endure it.”
B. To defend (vv. 3-4)
1. God is faithful… (1 Cor. 10:13) "There hath no temptation taken you but such as man can bear: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation make also the way of escape, that ye may be able to endure it.”
2. …to establish you… (2:16-17) May our Lord Jesus Christ himself and God our Father, who loved us and by his grace gave us eternal encouragement and good hope, 17 encourage your hearts and strengthen you in every good deed and word.
3. …to guard you… (Mt. 6:13; Jn. 17:15; Jude 24)
· Mt. 6:13 - And lead us not into temptation,but deliver us from the evil one.”
· Jn. 17:15 - My prayer is not that you take them out of the world but that you protect them from the evil one.
· Jude 24 - To him who is able to keep you from stumbling and to present you before his glorious presence without fault and with great joy—
4. …to help you… (Rom. 8:28)
C. To direct (v. 5; Jer. 10:23; Jn. 15:4-5)
Jer. 10:23 - LORD, I know that people’s lives are not their
· Jn. 15:4-5 - "Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; so neither can ye, except ye abide in me. I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same beareth much fruit: for apart from me ye can do nothing.”
III. God’s Commands (vv. 6-12).
A. Withdraw from the disorderly (v. 6; Rom. 16:17).
· Rom. 16:17 - I urge you, brothers and sisters, to watch out for those who cause divisions and put obstacles in your way that are contrary to the teaching you have learned. Keep away from them.
B. Follow godly examples (vv. 7-9; 2:15; 1 Cor. 11:1) "Be ye imitators of me, even as I also am of Christ.”
C. Work quietly (vv. 10-12; 1 Cor. 4:12) "and we toil, working with our own hands: being reviled, we bless; being persecuted, we endure.”
IV. God’s Will (vv. 13-15).
A. Do good patiently (v. 13).
B. Avoid company tenderly (v. 14).
C. Admonish fraternally (v. 15).
|Click here to host your
own church web site today!