|Home||News||Contact Us||Pictures||Calendar||Links||Missions||Bible Search|
1. Read: Isaiah 9:6 "For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counselor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.”
2. About the Text:
1) Isaiah wrote this in prophecy concerning the Christ.
2) Jesus is the prince of peace.
3) A prince is royalty and owns whatever title is given to him (compare Prince of Wales).
I. CHRIST GIVES THE CHRISTIAN PEACE OUTWARDLY
1. Among All Men
1) Luke 2:14 "Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will toward men.”
2) Heb. 12:14 "Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord:”
3) Romans 12:18 "If it be possible, as much as lieth in you, live peaceably with all men.”
4) James explains the reason why. James 3:17-18 "But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, and easy to be intreated, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality, and without hypocrisy. And the fruit of righteousness is sown in peace of them that make peace.”
2. Among the brethren.
1) Romans 14:9 "Let us therefore follow after the things which make for peace, and things wherewith one may edify another.”
2) 1 Corinthians 14:43 "For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints.”
3) Colossians 3:12-15 "Put on therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, bowels of mercies, kindness, humbleness of mind, meekness, longsuffering; Forbearing one another, and forgiving one another, if any man have a quarrel against any: even as Christ forgave you, so also do ye. And above all these things put on charity, which is the bond of perfectness. And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to the which also ye are called in one body; and be ye thankful.”
II. CHRIST GIVES THE CHRISTIAN PEACE INWARDLY
1. Given to apostles and all who would follow God’s word–John 14:27 "Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.”
2. Comes as a result of trusting in God–Philippians 4:6-7 "Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.”
3. Results in contentment–Philippians 4:11 "Not that I speak in respect of want: for I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content.”
4. God takes care of his children–Hebrews 13:5 "Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.”
III. CHRIST GIVES THE CHRISTIAN PEACE UPWARDLY
1. True purpose of Jesus coming–Luke 1:79 "To give light to them that sit in darkness and in the shadow of death, to guide our feet into the way of peace.”
2. He mediates peace with God for us–Luke 19:38 "Saying, Blessed be the King that cometh in the name of the Lord: peace in heaven, and glory in the highest.”
3. True peace is through Jesus Christ–Ephesians 2:14-18 "For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us; Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace; And that he might reconcile both unto God in one body by the cross, having slain the enmity thereby: And came and preached peace to you which were afar off, and to them that were nigh. For through him we both have access by one Spirit unto the Father.”
4. Based Upon a Working Faith–Romans 5:1 "Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ:”
1. 2 Corinthians 13:11 "Finally, brethren, farewell. Be perfect, be of good comfort, be of one mind, live in peace; and the God of love and peace shall be with you.”
2. Let us remember that Christ brings peace…
|Click here to host your
own church web site today!