Welcome to the
CHURCH OF CHRIST
Direct Page Link
SIN AND ITS CONSEQUENCES
A. WHAT IS SIN?
- Rom. 14:23 - Whatever is not from faith is sin.
- I Jn. 5:17 - All unrighteuosness is sin.
- Jas. 4:17 - Knowing good and not doing it is sin.
- I Jn. 3:4 - Sin is transgression of the law.
B. ORIGIN OF SIN
- Gen. 2:8-9,16-17 - The Forbidden Tree.
- Gen. 3:1-8 - First breaking of God's Law.
C. ALL HAVE SINNED
- Eccl. 7:20 - Not just one is righteuos on earth.
- Rom. 3:23 - All have sinned.
D. TYPES OF SIN THAT SEPARATE US FORM GOD
- Isa. 59:1-2 - Sin separates us from God.
- Gal. 5:19-21 - Works of the Flesh.
- I Cor.6:9-10 - You cannot inherit the kingdom of God with sin.
- II Cor.12:20 - I am afraid you will continue in these sins.
- II Tim. 3:1-6 - Perilious time comes with sins, therefore be careful.
- Rom.6:23 - The Wages of Sin is Death.
- Rev.20:10 - Those who are decieved to sin will be tormented with satan forever.
- Rev.21:8,27 - Sinners will have their part in the lake of fire which is the second death.
- Rev.22:14-15 - Sinners will not enter the Holy City.
- Lk.13:3; Acts 17:30-31 - Repent.
Acts 2:38; 3:19-20; 22:16 - Be baptized.
Rev.2:10 - Be faithful to the end.