1. One of the most important keys to any relationship is compatibility.2. How compatible are we with the church?3. John F. Kennedy (inaugural address, 1961): "Ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.”4. What am I putting into the church? How am I contributing to the congregation?5. Doing a self examination will enable each of us to strengthen our spiritual weaknesses.
A. What am I doing to help this congregationB. What am I doing to help the lost?C. Am I preaching for God’s glory and not my own? (1Co 9:16)D. How am I preaching? Out of love or malice?E. What am I doing to enhance my relationship with my family?
A. What am I doing to help the church?
1. Attendance2. What am I doing to serve?3. What is my attitude towards singing?4. What is my attitude towards giving?
B. What is my attitude towards the elders?C. What am I doing to help other members?D. Am I free from discord with my brethren when I worship?E. How can I improve my personal studies?
A. What am I doing to serve my position?
1. Am I proactive in my service to the congregation?2. Do I need to be asked or pushed to do something?
B. What am I doing to fulfill my qualifications? (1 Tim. 3:8-12)C. How can I improve?
A. What am I doing to fulfill my qualifications? (1 Tim. 3:1-7)B. What kind of a relationship do I have with the other elder?C. What kind of a relationship do I have with the flock?
1. What can I do to enhance my relationship with the congregation while not compromising truth?2. Am I confrontational or critical?
3. Do I listen to their needs as well as I should?
D. Together (eldership): What are we doing to help the congregation thrive?
V. EVERYONE: WHAT AM I DOING TO BE COMPATIBILE WITH THE LORD?
A. How well do I really know the Master?
1. How much of an effort is being made on my part?2. Too often we ask: What has God has done for me?3. The main problem of communication is not listening.4. I can not control others, but I can control what I do.
1. How do I fit with the Lord and his church?2. The only way to be compatible with the Lord is to be a part of his church.3. That happens by repenting (Acts 2:38), believing (John 3:16) which is to obey, and being baptized (Mark 16:16); then remaining faithful.4. If I do all of that, I have an eternal reward awaiting me.5. Why not make this the day to decide, "I am going to become compatible with the Lord by being baptized into Christ Jesus and added to his church.”