What must I do to be saved?
Salvation involves 2 parts. God’s part and man’s part. God’s part was the love that He felt for man. He sent His Son into the world to die upon the cross, to redeem man from sin. Man’s part is obedience to the conditions of pardon which the Lord has set forth in the Bible.
Before we can respond to God, in obedience to the gospel, we must realize our lost spiritual condition. Romans 3:23 tells us “…for all have sinned, and fall short of the glory of God.” Since we are sinners we must realize that we cannot earn our salvation. Salvation is a gift from God to man, made possible by the sacrifice of Jesus upon the cross. “For by grace you are saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God” ( Eph 2:8).
(1) Hear the Gospel. In order to obey the gospel, a man must first hear and understand the gospel (Romans 10:14).
(2) Believe the Gospel. He then must believe in his heart, what he has heard, to be true. “He that cometh to God must believe that he is…”(Heb 11:6).
(3) Repent of past sins. God now “commands men everywhere that they should repent” (Acts 17:30).
(4) Confess Jesus as Lord. One must in his heart believe that Jesus is the Christ, the son of God and confess His name. (Acts 8:36-37).
(5) Baptism for remission of sins. Jesus said in Mark 16:16: “He who believes and is baptized will be saved; but he who does not believe will be condemned."
Acts 2:47 - The Lord adds to the church those who are being saved.
|Click here to host your
own church web site today!